Training to Develop Emotional Intelligence
Extensive knowledge and experience do not guarantee professional success. In today’s competitive workplace, great soft skills –or “people skills”, are essential to achieve professional goals. High performing employees are distinguished by their ability to build trusting relationships. So how is it possible that some workers are able to generate positive relationships with colleagues, customers, or stakeholders, while others cannot? Why are some individuals able to “read” their clients so well, or stay composed even in extremely stressful situations? Psychologists have the answer: it all comes down to your capacity to process emotional information and react appropriately to it: it’s called Emotional Intelligence.
What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to distinguish and manage your and others’ emotions. This encompasses three distinct skill sets: the ability to identify, evaluate, and control emotions in yourself and others. People with high emotional intelligence are able to solve a variety of emotion-related problems. They also understand the significance behind a felt emotion, and how to administer it. In other words, a highly emotional intelligent individual will usually handle conflict much more effectively, be a better communicator, and will most often also be good at harvesting relationships.
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace – Mental Toughness
To become a great leader, you must possess Emotional Intelligence. This includes both empathy for others and your own mental and emotional toughness – also known as “grit”. EI encompasses self-awareness and self-mastery as a first step. You will understand and lead others better in part by becoming a better manager of your own emotional states.
Workplace leaders inspire change. They have the ability to understand the complexity of social interactions and are able to resolve complicated disputes that can sometimes arise with their staff. Through their understanding of their own emotions, strengths, and weaknesses, emotionally intelligent leaders can oversee high-power negotiations all the while creating an inspiring and supportive team environment.
Inspire change and live differently.
To live differently means embracing your emotions and, therefore, be better equipped to manage them. Doing so will enable you to:
- Strengthen your motivation and that of others
- Learn how to respond
- Give up beliefs that limit you
- Turn adversity into personal and professional success
Emotional Intelligence Training
We can’t ignore our emotions; rather, it is how we manage them which defines our character. By understanding emotional intelligence and using it wisely, we can make our character traits work for us. In this way we can have an impact in our personal and professional lives, influencing how we interact with others, and fostering better communication among teams.
VIV301 Emotional Intelligence I: Develop Emotional Maturity
Some people have the privilege of benefiting from high emotional intelligence in a natural and intrinsic way. For these individuals, the ability to accurately assess, express, and regulate their emotions is innate. For many of us, however, our emotional intelligence needs to be developed. Fortunately, there are psychological and physical tools that we can use in order to better manage our emotions.
In this course, we will look at ways to increase our emotional intelligence and the aptitudes needed to become more aware of our emotions and our “inner-speech”. Participants will learn how to examine their own thoughts and develop the skills necessary to succeed in coping with internal and external pressures.
- Architecture of the human brain
- History of emotional intelligence
- The nature and power of emotions
- Harmonization of the rational and irrational
- Create stability points within instability
- Become the observer of your own thoughts and emotions
- Faced with a difficult situation, do we react by choice or by reflex?
- Stress-management techniques
At the end of this training, participants will understand the importance of emotional intelligence, and have knowledge of the neurological and physiological foundations of EI. Participants will also gain personal insight into their emotional competencies, and have the tools and techniques needed to increase their EI faculty.
Impact of the Training
- Self-esteem: Turn adversity into opportunity
- Understanding the impact of emotions on communication, behaviour and decisions
- Increased intelligence and emotional maturity
- Effective management of your emotions and those of others
* Additional coaching is available to strengthen the implementation of the learned material.
VIV302 Emotional Intelligence II: Unleash Your Full Potential
About 50% of emotional intelligence comes from our genetic inheritance. The rest can be learned.
Being an accomplished person involves more than an admirable track record or exemplary ethical behaviour. How well we understand ourselves is at the core of how well we manage our emotions. Self-awareness allows us to recognize our strengths and our limitations, which, in turn, gives us control over our emotions. When we make our emotions our allies, we are better equipped to make sound decisions, manage our responsibilities, and face difficult challenges successfully.
Through this training, we will expand on course material discussed in VIV 301 (a prerequisite for this course). You will be offered a range of practical tools to help you develop your EI, “reprogram your internal GPS”, and manage your emotions so that you can accomplish your goals.
- Manage your internal dialogue and make it your ally
- The school of life: 10 essential rules for humans
- Develop 6 key skills: self-awareness, perseverance, confidence, motivation, empathy and adaptability
- Yesterday ended at midnight! Learn to erase the memory of unnecessary emotional memories
- The elements and components of a positive and dynamic mindset
- Initiate and maintain motivation throughout a project
- Follow the path of the hero for sustainable transformation
At the end of this training, participants will have advanced awareness of their strengths and will have identified strategic areas for improvement. Participants will also learn how to incorporate new ways of thinking and behaving in their daily lives with the aim of creating a positive and effective mindset. Finally, they will have the opportunity to interpret their vision of success, and set an action plan for their ongoing development.
Impact of the Training
- Deep knowledge of yourself and others to effectively manage emotions in difficult situations
- Know how to build a personal mission
- How to gain the choice and freedom to act or react
- The power charisma
* Additional coaching is available to strengthen the implementation of the learned material. Contact us today!